AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ are international postdoctoral fellowship programs co-funded by the European Union and coordinated by INRA, the French National Institute of Agricultural Research, in collaboration with Agreenium-IAVFF, the French national higher education and research consortium. These programs promote international mobility for experienced young and independent researchers to develop challenging basic or targeted research projects in the fields of agriculture, food, nutrition, environment, and animal health.
One of the fellowship programs is dedicated to researchers coming from all countries which apply to undertake a research project within one of Agreenium-IAVFF members’ receiving laboratories in France. Fellows are offered 12-24 month positions in more than 300 research units in France. Moreover, this program offers attractive salaries that are significantly higher than French state salaries for young and independent researchers.
AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ are open programs. Researchers freely propose their topics, construct their research projects, and identify the laboratories they wish to work in. The only constraint is that basic or targeted research projects must contribute to the broad fields of agriculture, food, nutrition, environment, animal health, or veterinary public health;
AgreenSkills is open to young researchers holding a PhD who have less than 7 year’s research experience from the date of their PhD thesis defense. AgreenSkills+ targets independent researchers with postdoctoral research experience between 7 and up to a maximum of 10 years. There are no conditions of nationality, or country of origin.
AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ have a continuous submission process with two selection rounds per year. 5 steps define AgreenSkills’ application and evaluation process:
- Eligibility: Interested candidates complete an online form to assess their eligibility to the programmer. Please note that the AgreenSkills Program Manager needs at least three weeks to evaluate your eligibility. Therefore, if you submit your eligibility application later than two weeks before the deadline of the selection round, you may not receive the result of the eligibility evaluation in time to submit your complete application before the deadline.
- Lab search: An eligible candidate can then start approaching labs within Agreenium member organizations that complement his/her research interests. Lab proposals are also available to eligible candidates.
- Application: Once a candidate finds a suitable lab interested in offering him/her a postdoctoral research position as part of the AgreenSkills program, the candidate can submit an online application with his/her research project proposal.
- Evaluation: Each application is assessed by up to 3 international reviewers, and then by the AgreenSkills Scientific Committee.
- Funding: The AgreenSkills Steering Committee decides which research projects to fund and the new AgreenSkills Fellows are announced!
The submission deadline of complete applications for the first round of 2016 is April 29th, 2016. The second round of applications will be held on November 10th, 2016.
For further information: https://www.agreenskills.eu/