The CNES Office in the United States organized a panel on “Space in France” during the 32nd Space Symposium which took place in Colorado Springs in mid-April. Moderated by Rachel VILAIN (Euroconsult), the panel was composed of representatives of both the institutional and private sector:
• Norbert PALUCH, CNES Representative and Space Counselor at the Embassy of France in the US;
• General Jean-Daniel TESTE, Commander, French Joint Space Command;
• Clayton MOWRY, CEO, Arianespace Inc;
• David BAIR, CEO, Eutelsat America Corp;
• Jérome VALOUR, Bids & Products VP, Observation and Science, Thales Alenia Space;
• Emmanuel SAUZAY, Director, Commercial Space, Airbus Defense & Space.
After a general presentation of their entity, the institutional representatives characterized space in France and highlighted ongoing and future French-American cooperation. The private sector representatives exposed their assets on a competitive and international market and possibilities of public private partnerships with the American agencies and industries.