Where: Joseph B. Martin Conference Center at Harvard Medical School, Rotunda Room, 77 avenue Louis Pasteur Boston 02115
When: December, 5 - 6, 2013
Organized for several years by the Office for Science and Technology of the French Embassy (Boston section), the French American Innovation Day (FAID) is an annual event that aims to foster collaborations between France and the USA in an innovative research area.
The FAID is an annual French American seminar gathering scientists, industries and investors in state-of-the-art technologies. Since 10 years, the FAID has the ambition to:
- point up the French and American high level research and connection
- pave the way for new collaborations between France and the USA in both industry and academia
- explore the latest research, carry out technological forecast and assessment
The 2013 edition of the French American Innovation Day is co-organised by the Office of Science and Technology of the French Embassy in the USA, Inserm, Inserm Transfert and Inserm Transfert Initiative, and is designed by and for the stakeholders in technology transfer, strategic alliances and funding/venturing in Life Sciences.
This one day and an half of high-level meeting and networking with stakeholders of the life sciences and biotechnology sector from both France and the United States will be focused “innovation in life sciences as a driver for growth” and will address how investment and initiatives in this sector may lead to the overall growth, expansion, and recovery of the economy for the benefit of patients.
This event will feature:
One Topic : Innovation in Life Sciences, as a driver for growth
One day and a half of high-level meeting and networking
with stakeholders of the life sciences and biotechnology sector from both France and the United States.
Two accomplished scientific directors,
- Dr. Christophe Benoist, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Harvard Medical School, Member of the French Académie des Sciences and the US National Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Joshua Boger, founder of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ: VRTX) and the Executive Chairman of Alkeus Pharmaceuticals
- Open innovation: fad or strategy?
- Alliance management: a true necessity to combine cultures.
- Entrepreneurship: a Pandora box or a holy grail?
- Patient advocacy associations: a catalyst for innovation.
10 biotech start-up projects : 5 projects from France, 5 from USA.
The first day of the 2013 FAID (December, 5th) will gather French, European and American corporate executives (industry and venture capital) from both countries, as well as prominent academic scientists around 4 roundtables who will share their expertise and opinion through interactive discussions.
On the second day of the 2013 FAID (December, 6th) 10 innovative French and American start-up projects will be presented (collaborations and funding).
For more information, please visit the FAID 2013 website: http://faid2013.france-science.org
Update January 31, 2014