The month of July is ideal for celebration. France and the United States both celebrate liberty and freedom during this month. Yet, the scientific achievements of this month should also be celebrated. The month of scientists made breakthrough research involving biofuels while the private sector related headway in precision agriculture.
In the highlights of this month, we wanted to stress the importance Cuba entering the United States economic market and the discovery of LEDs to nourish plant lights. Both these subjects are fairly new, but they have and will continue to strongly impact the future of scientific research.
Hope you’ll enjoy these news as much as we loved finding them for you!
Enjoy your reading!
Marc Rousset, Scientific attaché
Simon Ritz, Deputy Scientific attaché
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, please fill out the form here.
- Study: Groundwater from aquifers important factor in food security – July 7
- World Food Costs Extend Slide to Five-Year Low as Dairy Tumbles - July 9
- Probiotics — for plants - July 8
- Charcoaling manure, greening neighborhoods in Chesapeake Bay watershed - July 1
- Climate Corp: We’ve Mapped Nearly 45% Of U.S. Corn and Soybeans- Jun. 25
- The conservative party demands an emergency agricultural plan- July 7
- Low-carbon energies
- Scientists study ways to integrate biofuels, food crops on farms - July 7
- Scientists hit the sweet spot on sugar conversion for biofuels - Jun. 16
- Company to develop 5 million waste-to-diesel plant in Florida - July 6
- Bioethanol technology validated at Berkeley Lab - Jun. 26
- Unlocking fermentation secrets open the door to new biofuels - Jun. 28
- Ségolène Royal and Stéphane Le Foll commenced a project on the development of advanced biofuels to be used aeronautically - Jun. 19
- Food Sciences
- Waiting to harvest after a rain enhances food safety - July. 3
- High fat diet changes gut microbe populations and brain’s ability to recognize fullness - July 7
- FDA takes step to remove artificial trans fats in processed foods - Jun. 16
- Digesting bread and pasta can release biologically active molecules - July. 2
- Consumers understand supplements help fill nutrient gaps, new survey shows - July 1
- Death of agricultural worker due to pesticides: Investigation started - July 7
- Guest News
- Seen on the web
- Structure of the month
- Get in touch with ALFA sciences